Saturday, November 15, 2008

Tell It Like It Is

I'm not sure where this came from, but a few months ago, Olivia started asking a lot of questions about pregnant women and how babies come OUT of their tummies. Thankfully, she hasn't asked me yet how the babies get IN the tummies...HA! Anyway, Olivia really likes to pray and so she is usually more than willing to be the one to ask the blessing on the food before every meal. However, she takes it as an opportunity to pray for anything and everything and sometimes forgets to pray for the food.

There was a season of a couple of weeks where a common request kept coming up in her prayers. It would go something like this, "Dear Jesus, we just want to thank you, 'cause we really 'ppreciate you and we just love you SOOO much Jesus. And I just want to pray that you help me to not have pain when I grow up and have a baby. And help Angie to not have pain when she has a baby and help mommy to not have pain when she has a baby and just help all the people to not have pain when they have babies."

I don't know when or how this realization of pain occurred to her because I've never really discussed the whole "birthing" thing with her...but for some reason, at 4 years old, she's quite concerned about this already.

With this in mind, I was informed of another funny "Olivia Story" that happened while the kids were being babysit by family friends' of ours. There was another lady at this house who is pregnant and I guess she was laying on the couch and Olivia was inquiring if she was okay or if her belly was hurting. Megan said, "Yeah, I'm okay, just tired and need to lay down for a bit." Apparently, Olivia looked at her and with all seriousness said, "You know...pretty soon, you're gonna go to the hostipal and have your baby, and you're gonna have pain!" Like a pregnant woman really needs to be reminded of that, but they thought it was hilarious!

No comments: