Friday, November 21, 2008

"A boy who loves Jesus"


Tonight, we decided to take the kids downtown to the 'Christmas Tree Lighting' festivities. Olivia asked if she could take her doll in the doll stroller as well (her name is Sarah). I hesitantly agreed, figuring at some point in the night, I would be walking the doll stroller. Turns out, Olivia walked with her everywhere....and managed popcorn and cookies all at the same time. She did not leave Sarah's side the whole time. In fact, in the myriad of people, Olivia even sacrificed a better view of Santa, just to be with her baby. She spent the whole night walking her and caring for her....making sure she had blankets and all. So, when we got in the van to return home...I said, "You know Olivia...I was so proud of you tonight. You were very responsible with your baby and I was so proud to see that." Then she says to me, "Do you think I'll be a great mom someday when I have a real baby?" I said, "You absolutely will!" Her next question was, "Will who will I marry....Braden or somebody else?" I said, "Well, marrying your brother is not really okay, but I hope that someday, you marry a boy who loves Jesus with ALL his heart." Then she said, "Well...I'll just ask every boy if they love Jesus and if they don't, then I'll find another one." I said, "That's a great idea!" Then she asks me, "Is that what you did? You just keeped looking until you found the right person?" I said, "Yes I DID honey!"

No comments: