Monday, January 31, 2011

The 'Spirit'

Today was Monday. And...apparently pajama day at school, only I had forgotten. As usual...it was a mad race to get Olivia dressed and out the door, only to discover as we rounded the corner for school, that it was pajama day. I hesitantly asked Olivia if she wanted me to take her back home to get her pajamas on and of course she did. So...we turned around and headed back home for a quick change. Olivia said to me on the way, "Yeah...I just really want wear my pajamas so I can have 'spirit'." Apparently one of the student council boys had encouraged them all to wear their pajamas and show school spirit. After Olivia thought that over for a moment, she looked at me really puzzled and said, "I didn't know that wearing your pajamas could get you the spirit?" Realizing that she was a bit confused, I explained to her that this kind of spirit meant like...'showing support'. She then said, "Oh...so not like the spirit of God?"

That could have been a very big 'theological' error in the workings...LOL!

No comments: