Tuesday, October 04, 2011

The New Heaven & the New Earth

On Thursday, September 29th...my grandpa (who my kids refer to as 'Megapops') had a heart attack and was hospitalized for some tests. Since my grandma needed a ride to the hospital...we offered to drive her. I picked the kids up from school a bit early and we headed over to get Grandma. On the way, I was explaining what we were doing and what had happened to Grandpa. Of course, that sparked some interesting conversations about life and death and heaven.
After a few rounds of 'questioning'....Olivia says, "Mom? How long will we be in heaven before Jesus makes the new heaven and the new earth?" I was kind of amazed at her intelligence to even ask such a question, but truthfully had to reply, "I'm not really sure, honey." There was a short pause and then Braden piped up from the backseat and confidently answered, "Umm.....I'd probably say 4 weeks!"

No comments: