Thursday, July 22, 2010

'These people speak french too...'

We are once again in Ontario for a few weeks, spending valuable time visiting family and friends, so we had to make the long trip up to Ottawa to visit my brother and sister and their families. On the way back, we made our first stop for lunch at the McDonalds in Gananoque. Obviously there are a lot of french-speaking people in that neck of the woods, so my kids were quite intriqued by that. Then we stopped again just before Kingston to let Braden use the washroom. The girls waited in the van while the boys used the washroom. While we were sitting there, another carload of people pulled up beside us and got out of their vehicle to stretch. They were all chatting, when one of the guys used the phrase...'Holy S---!' I wasn't sure if Olivia was even paying attention, but all of a sudden she casual comments by saying, "Man, these people speak french here too!" I was trying not to draw attention to the statement...but inside, I was killing myself with laughter! Ahhh....I love our kids!!!

No comments: