Friday, May 15, 2009

"Diminishing??"

I always find it amusing when kids use "random" words in the right places!

We were sitting at the table for dinner the other night, and Olivia was just about finished eating. Randomly, she looks at Shawn and I and says, "Whoa....my stomach is diminishing. I don't think I have room for any more food!" We were both kind shocked to hear such a big word in our 5 year old's vocabulary. It's not like that's a word that is commonly used around our house. So...we usually press her to find out where she has learned it and learned how to use it. Turns out...."Martha Speaks" (one of her favourite kid's shows)....has a segment at the end of each show that teaches kids new words and their meanings. Who knew?? I guess I should watch the show more often. If I'm not careful...my kids are going to be smarter than me BEFORE they become teenagers ....HA!

No comments: